Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yes, I'm Still Here

Well, I knew it had been a while since I had updated the blog, but I didn't realize it was almost two months! Oops! Hopefully I'll be better with summer activities.

Sue & Denny came to visit in mid-May, bringing Abby the dog back to us and staying for May Long Weekend, Jared's birthday and a few more days. It was a great time, but I'm looking forward to their trip here in December, when the kids are out of school and Dennis is off work; his company closes down for two weeks during Christmas. Paid! Yes! Anyway, we had a great time visiting, relaxing, shopping, touring a local historical house, and even visiting Elbow Falls, which doesn't hold a candle to Multnomah Falls, but was a fun trip nonetheless.
















Summer has actually arrived here in Calgary, but the mosquitoes arrived last month in full force. I guess we've been spoiled in Portland, as I don't remember too many of the nasty insects except on some of our camping trips, or in the evening in some areas. But here they're out all day and night. We've loaded up on the bug spray, and our bird feeder seems to have attracted birds who like to have a mosquito dessert, which has been helpful.

Mother's Day and Father's Day were quite affairs, with dinners out both nights. Or supper, as it seems it's called up here. The kids and Dennis spent most of Father's Day playing Little Big Planet 2 on the PS3, which was great fun for them. And fun for me to watch and hear. If you haven't experienced LBP 1 or 2, I highly recommend it. Checking out what characters they've created is part of the fun!

I'm off to my chiropractor appointment. I've been going for two weeks now, and I think it's making a difference with both my migraines and my foot issues. More on that later.




1 comment: